Dehydration: Occurs when your body does not have enough water to function properly. You lose water every day from basic bodily functions like sweating, breathing, and going to the restroom.
If you don’t replace the lost fluids by drinking and eating foods that contain water, you put yourself at risk for mild, moderate, or severe dehydration. A survey sponsored by the International Bottled Water Association and the Nutrition Information Center found that 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
Pain: Hydration plays an important role in the body’s ability to function and heal.
Maintaining proper hydration is crucial if you’re recovering from a surgery or injury, or suffering from chronic muscle and joint pain.
- Slow the rate of healing
- Increase the chances of injury
- Exacerbate chronic muscle and joint pain
- Pull fluid out of your tissues, which causes overall body aches and pains
Proper Hydration can:
- Reduce pain
- Hydrate discs between the vertebrae in your spine
- Protect your joints and muscles by keeping the cartilage soft and pliable
- Prevents your tendons, ligaments, and muscles from becoming tight and stiff
One of the easiest ways to reduce pain is to increase your daily intake of clean water.
- Pain Treatment Centers Of America
If you are a highly active person like an athlete, we suggest the 40 ozBig Bertha MOBOT so you can carry the most water possible with you.
If you are someone who is on the go and carries their water bottle from the office to the gym to the store, we suggest the 27oz Grace MOBOT.
For kids and anyone who likes to be able to carry water with them no matter the available space they have, we suggest the small 18oz Firecracker MOBOT.